Bainbridge Island Japanese American Community

Back of Change of Residence and Travel Permit

This states that every Japanese, German, or Italian alien, or person of Japanese ancestry, resident in the states of CA, OR, WA, ID, MT, NV, and UT who changes their residence must obtain and execute a “Change Of Residence Notice.” This included the Japanese of all ages who were forced to move from their homes.