Please join us virtually for our July meeting. We have lots of important topics on our agenda and would love to have you join us.
Meeting: BIJAC monthly
Date: Wednesday, July 6th (first Wednesday of each month)
Where: Virtual Only (Zoom link)
- Introductions – if needed
- June Minutes – Joyce
- Budget report – Debra
- Action item – What is the procedure to accept stock options for BIJAC donations?
Wing Luke – Understanding History – Panel with Lilly Kodama
Part 2 on July 21, 7PM PDT (Thursday):
- Lilly Kodama (Japanese ancestry, whose family came here in the early 1900s)
- Pio DeCano, II (Filipino ancestry, whose parents were pioneers/activists in the Pacific Northwest)\
- Viren Kamdar (South Asian ancestry, whose uncle came to this area in the 1940s).
The event will be moderated by the Wing Luke Museum Executive Director, Joël Barraquiel Tan. Register here.
BIJAC Picnic – Battle Point Park Picnic Shelter
August 6th, 11AM-4PM at Battle Point Park (setup at 10 AM)
1. BI Museum of Art: Ken
Tsutakawa exhibit -BIMA
Action item: Funding proposal for Hanz Araki
2. NPS: Charles/Logan
3. BIJAEMA: art installation update, Lilly – Dedication: Saturday, Sept. 10 at 11 a.m.
4. Minidoka/Lava Ridge Wind farm update: Mary Abo/Karen Matsumoto
5. Visit Bainbridge – audio tour status – Carol
6. Winslow Street Fair – Katy and Keith
7. July 4th BIJAC booth
For the Good of the Order
Join Zoom Meeting:
Meeting ID: 885 5898 0414
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,88558980414# US (Tacoma)
+13462487799,,88558980414# US (Houston)
Dial by your location
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)