Please join us for our March 2023 meeting! We have lots of important topics on our agenda and would love to have you join us.
Meeting: BIJAC monthly
Date: Wednesday, March, 2023 (first Wednesday of each month)
Where: Virtual Only (Zoom link)
BIJAC Board Meeting Agenda – March 1, 2023 by Zoom
Guest: BISD Board president – Robert Cromwell
Action & Discussion Items:
1. MAC meeting celebrating student winners of Frank Kitamoto Legacy Award and
MLK Award. We need volunteers to help with the party – Pick up cake,
beverages, serving plates, cups, and utensils.
2. The Wilkes School is working on changing the name: Where do we, as BIJAC,
stand and what do we support?
3. BIJAC board response to BIJAEMA pledge request for $125,000 for the Visitor
4. March 8th : Women of Color presentation to BI Community Grant sponsored
event. Carol Reitz will represent BIJAC and talk about Kay Sakai Nakao and Lilly
Kitamoto Kodama. Tickets: Development Events (fcsuite.com)
5. Lava Ridge, Wind project impact on Minidoka – Karen has drafted a letter from
BIJAC, signed by Carol, but they would like individual letters as well. Deadline:
6. March 30th Commemoration: Sign-up Genius link
7. 4th of July – No booth, but obon will be in the parade!
8. August picnic? August 5th or August 12th?
9. Suyematsu Farm coalition
Join Zoom Meeting:
Meeting ID: 885 5898 0414
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,88558980414# US (Tacoma)
+13462487799,,88558980414# US (Houston)
Dial by your location
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)